Who We Are: Adjunct Faculty
Innovation and extrepreneurship teaching at Pitt Law is supported by a powerful roster of adjunct professors who work with innovators and entrepreneurs in the Pittsburgh region.
- Rodney Akers, Esq. (telecommunications law).
- Lynn Alstadt, Esq., sharedholder with Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney (patent law).
- Heather Batzel, Esq. (commercializing new technologies)
- C. Allen Black, Esq. (biotechnology law).
- Christian Ehret, Esq., senior associate with the Webb Law Firm (patent law).
- Elliot Dater, Esq., partner with Schnader, Harrison, Lewis & Segal (law and entrepreneurship).
- Ralph Fischer, Esq., counsel with Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney (patent law).
- Matthias Grabmair, Ph.D, system Scientist, Carnegie Mellon University Language Technologies Institute (LTI).
- Adam Kelson, Esq., partner with K&L Gates (understanding the legal services marketplace).
- John McIlvaine, Esq., shareholder with the Webb Law Firm (patent law).
- Matthew Pritchard, Esq., founder, Surge IP LLC (trademark law).
- Stephanie Sciullo, Esq., Mine Safety Appliances (in-house law practice).
- Marcy Smorey-Geiger, Esq. (in-house law practice).
- Steve Tanzilli, Esq. (Dean, Rowland School of Business, Point Park University) (entertainment law)
- Peter Watt-Morse, Esq., partner with Morgan, Lewis & Bockius (IP licensing).
The IPI is grateful for substantial volunteer support from the following practicing attorneys:
- Eric Davis, Esq., partner with Elliott & Davis.
- Michael Lazzara, Esq., partner with K&L Gates.
- David Lehman, Esq., partner with K&L Gates.
- David Oberdick, Esq., Of Counsel with Meyer, Unkovic & Scott.
- Richard Rinaldo, Esq.
- Laurén Shuttleworth Murray, K&L Gates.