Start Smart seminars for entrepreneurs, innovators, and lawyers present introductions to practical information about intersections among law, business, start-up organization, and technology. They are organized jointly by the Innovation Practice Institute and Project Olympus at Carnegie Mellon University and are co-sponsored by the Innovation Institute at the University of Pittsburgh.
All programs start at 5:30 pm and are open to the public as well as members of the Pitt and CMU communities. Start Smart seminars rotate between Pitt and CMU venues.
For the most up-to-date information about Start Smart speakers and schedule, check the IPI’s Facebook page.
Frequent presentations include:
- Starting a Business on an F-1 Visa
- Business Formation Seminar and Workshop
- Raising Start-Up Capital Part 1: Introduction
- Raising Start-Up Capital Part 2: Negotiating a Term Sheet
- Protecting Your Company IP: Seminar and Workshop
- Start-Up Personnel: Employees, Independent Contractors, Interns, and Student Projects
- Building Your Professional Relationships: Law, Accounting, Insurance, and Banks
- How to Shop for a Lawyer
- IP Workshop: Conducting Patent Searches