Watch for news coverage of the Innovation Practice Institute, its students, graduates, programs, and leaders.
- “Getting to lawyers who say ‘yes, and …’,” Pittsburgh Business Times, Jan. 24, 2014
- “The Innovation Practice Institute Innovates Law School Education,” WESA-FM, Jan. 17, 2014
- U.S.SourceLink: How Can the Legal Profession Keep Up with Entrepreneurs?, USSourceLink Affiliate Blog, Sept. 23, 2014
Read about the broader context: law, innovation, and entrepreneurship at American law schools, in the legal profession, and in the legal services industry.
IPI Faculty Director Michael Madison has been writing about intersections among entrepreneurship and law in Pittsburgh for several years.
- Back to Pittsburgh’s Future? (Pittsblog, Sept. 28, 2008)
- The Entrepreneurship Commons (Pittsblog, Apr. 2, 2009)
- More on the Entrepreneurship Commons (Pittsblog, Apr. 17, 2009)
- Removing Barriers: Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Pittsburgh (Pittsblog, Apr. 22, 2011)
- The Story Behind Pittsburgh’s Revitalization (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Oct. 4, 2009)
- An Allegheny Conference Address (Pittsblog, Oct. 24, 2005)
Professor Madison’s longer writing on entrepreneurship, Pittsburgh, and law includes the following papers.
Innovators, Esq. guest speaker Slim Forsythe, Pitt Law class of 2014, shared his story with law students, faculty, and staff on October 14, 2014.